Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Maco. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Zelda64.net
Topic Started: May 18 2014, 12:19 AM (6,196 Views)
sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I created this new forum. I am inviting all members here to join that as well. Keepin it short and sweet.

Here it is: http://forums.zelda64.net/index/
Edited by sylux102, May 18 2014, 03:26 PM.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zeldaboy14
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
So, where is the link to the site then? EDIT i Googled it, but it says it's down.
Edited by Zeldaboy14, May 18 2014, 12:58 AM.
NOT a Zelda rom hacker anymore. Gone back to Minecraft and Mario World Rom Hacking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jiyaro
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
For those of you who need a link, just look at the title of the thread. No big deal.

It's mentioned in the opening post of the introductory thread that zelda64.net is meant to be the "new Z64 ROM hacking hub". Aren't Maco and the GCN already the homes of Z64 hacking? Forums currently exist that serve the main purpose of zelda64.net. Maybe you created it with the intention of spawning one single hub, rather than having the community spread between several different forums. While that would make a little more sense, it would also be ultimately useless as there is little to no chance that you'll be able to steer people completely away from Maco and the GCN.

Nobody's stopping you, but unless Maco is getting shut down, I don't see why this is necessary. Some might argue that Maco is no longer solely a Z64 hacking community, but I'd have to disagree. The majority of threads on this site are related to the hacking of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, with a Super Mario 64 thread showing up every once in a while. Even SMW Central, a community clearly geared towards the hacking of Super Mario World, features threads every now and then that involve other non-Mario games.
Edited by Jiyaro, May 18 2014, 07:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Jiyaro
May 18 2014, 07:33 AM
For those of you who need a link, just look at the title of the thread. No big deal.

It's mentioned in the opening post of the introductory thread that zelda64.net is meant to be the "new Z64 ROM hacking hub". Aren't Maco and the GCN already the homes of Z64 hacking? Forums currently exist that serve the main purpose of zelda64.net. Maybe you created it with the intention of spawning one single hub, rather than having the community spread between several different forums. While that would make a little more sense, it would also be ultimately useless as there is little to no chance that you'll be able to steer people completely away from Maco and the GCN.

Nobody's stopping you, but unless Maco is getting shut down, I don't see why this is necessary. Some might argue that Maco is no longer solely a Z64 hacking community, but I'd have to disagree. The majority of threads on this site are related to the hacking of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, with a Super Mario 64 thread showing up every once in a while. Even SMW Central, a community clearly geared towards the hacking of Super Mario World, features threads every now and then that involve other non-Mario games.
Im not saying anything, except that this IS necessary, and youll see why I created this in due time. Secondly, i highly suggest steering clear of the gcn. Theres some, well, not so great people in charge over there. Ill leave the details vague. Youll understand soon enough.
Edited by sylux102, May 18 2014, 03:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jiyaro
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
sylux102
May 18 2014, 12:48 PM
I ain't spillin' the beans, yo'.
Well, if you won't reveal to us your reasoning for the time being, then I guess I have no choice but to take your word for it. Count me in.

Having said this, if you're going to do it, you should do it right. The Zelda 64 hacking community has always been scattered, with information lying unorganized in several places around the web. This new forum should be kept clean, have well-documented information, and feature up-to-date downloads for as many hacking tools as can be found. Perhaps a new wiki would be in order?

And if you need a logo, I'm up for creating one, if you're not already on the job.
Edited by Jiyaro, May 18 2014, 05:12 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mooliecool
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Cant post introduction...
EDIT:cant post at all
Edited by Mooliecool, May 18 2014, 05:25 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jiyaro
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Mooliecool
May 18 2014, 05:11 PM
Sylux has the forum set up in a way that prevents new topics from being posted until it is approved by him or a moderator. Seeing as he is the only admin and there are no mods, it could be a while before your introduction passes through.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Jiyaro
May 18 2014, 05:29 PM
Mooliecool
May 18 2014, 05:11 PM
Sylux has the forum set up in a way that prevents new topics from being posted until it is approved by him or a moderator. Seeing as he is the only admin and there are no mods, it could be a while before your introduction passes through.
Fixed that. It was a mistake. Should be good to go now
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jiyaro
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
sylux102
May 18 2014, 09:38 PM
Fixed that. It was a mistake. Should be good to go now
Our topics remain unapproved.
Offline Profile Goto Top

xdaniel
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Uh-huh. "I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that this will be the new Z64 ROM hacking hub.", you say. If this was JSA for example, okay, but who are you to decide that? Just wondering.
Edited by xdaniel, May 19 2014, 07:15 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
xdaniel
May 19 2014, 07:14 AM
Uh-huh. "I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that this will be the new Z64 ROM hacking hub.", you say. If this was JSA for example, okay, but who are you to decide that? Just wondering.
Well i was given the authority by Flotonic himself. You will understand in due time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

xdaniel
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
sylux102
May 19 2014, 10:06 AM
Well i was given the authority by Flotonic himself. You will understand in due time.
Flotonic isn't the head of the Z64 hacking community as a whole. If he wants to spin Maco's Z64 hacking content off to a separate site or something, which is what this sounds like now, sure. But The GCN still exists - if you like it or not -, even z64 and Glitchkill still exist. In fact, there's not really a united "community" in the first place, there hasn't been one since ZSO, and I seriously doubt that your site will change this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
xdaniel
May 19 2014, 10:27 AM
sylux102
May 19 2014, 10:06 AM
Flotonic isn't the head of the Z64 hacking community as a whole. If he wants to spin Maco's Z64 hacking content off to a separate site or something, which is what this sounds like now, sure. But The GCN still exists - if you like it or not -, even z64 and Glitchkill still exist. In fact, there's not really a united "community" in the first place, there hasn't been one since ZSO, and I seriously doubt that your site will change this.
Well im sorry wording can be such a big deal. I dont want to give anything away without authority to say something, but the prupose of zelda64.net is to provide a safe haven from the gcn boards. Since Flotonic and I both agree theres some not so great people over there. Z64.net will hopefully protect people from this. I will change the words used then.
Offline Profile Goto Top

xdaniel
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
sylux102
May 19 2014, 10:35 AM
Well im sorry wording can be such a big deal. I dont want to give anything away without authority to say something, but the prupose of zelda64.net is to provide a safe haven from the gcn boards. Since Flotonic and I both agree theres some not so great people over there. Z64.net will hopefully protect people from this. I will change the words used then.
Oh, even I agree that things haven't been going perfectly on The GCN, and that's despite me being a staff member there. That is not solely the fault of the administration over there, tho.

Still, regardless of why specifically your site exists, I do believe it will splinter the already fragile "association" of sites and forums further and will not unify everyone and everything. Not saying this out of spite or anything - and I am sorry if you might've taken it that way -, but out of experience, and out of seeing the birth and death of multiple Z64-related communities.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
xdaniel
May 19 2014, 10:52 AM
sylux102
May 19 2014, 10:35 AM
Oh, even I agree that things haven't been going perfectly on The GCN, and that's despite me being a staff member there. That is not solely the fault of the administration over there, tho.

Still, regardless of why specifically your site exists, I do believe it will splinter the already fragile "association" of sites and forums further and will not unify everyone and everything. Not saying this out of spite or anything - and I am sorry if you might've taken it that way -, but out of experience, and out of seeing the birth and death of multiple Z64-related communities.
Worry not xdaniel. I didnt set out to unify the community. That will probably never happen. But i will try my best to combine all the known info on Z64 modding onto the site. I will copy over tutorials from the gcn and glitchkill etc and give appropriate credits. I just hated having to search all over the internet for info on how to do something.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Off Topic · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

As some of you may know, I have left the rom editing scene, never to return. I will be attending UNL. I will also be getting a job, so I will not have the time to run a community and make all of these projects.

I'm leaving you all in good hands. Sylux102, one of the best Maco staff members, will be carrying on in my stead. His forums are on Zelda64.net. Register there, since this website is archive only.

As for OoT 2D and Izou, I will be leaving those in the hands of GodsTurf's team, Lunar World. If you are fans of these projects, subscribe to them.