Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Maco. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adding enemy animations; Same enemy - new moves
Topic Started: May 16 2014, 10:24 PM (2,664 Views)
Red Dingo
No Avatar
[ * ]
So I've been fiddling with Hylian tool box and I've made a new animation for the Deku Scrub: it's the sliding kick that Deku Link can do in MM. So the question I have is what do I need to do to make it an actual attack an uprooted Scrub might use that will send Link flying back?

I get the feeling it's some sort of collision detection value (if that's the right jargon) but I'm not too clear what I need to use to change that. I saw the tutorial about how to hex edited objects to the Rom but it seems only applicable to replacing one of the Scrub's animations with the new one. I'd rather it be an addition to the Scrub's current move set. However, even if I settle for replacing, I still don't know how to give the animation impact.

Any help or am I just sounding like a mad man?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SanguinettiMods
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood insomniac
[ *  *  * ]
http://forums.maco64.com/topic/830892/1/#new

I wouldn't know how to add collision to new animations, but my suggestion would be to find an animation that actually damages Link already. You can edit the frame count manually with a Hex Editor and then replace the frames. If you already made the animation, it wouldn't be that hard to type the values you already made. This guarantees that when the Deku Scrub at least touches Link, he will get hurt. From there, you can edit the damage effect. "Knockback" as it were.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

As some of you may know, I have left the rom editing scene, never to return. I will be attending UNL. I will also be getting a job, so I will not have the time to run a community and make all of these projects.

I'm leaving you all in good hands. Sylux102, one of the best Maco staff members, will be carrying on in my stead. His forums are on Zelda64.net. Register there, since this website is archive only.

As for OoT 2D and Izou, I will be leaving those in the hands of GodsTurf's team, Lunar World. If you are fans of these projects, subscribe to them.