Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Maco. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Neo Zelda64 Mod; 3DS OoT Link Zelda64 Alpha/Beta style texture mod
Topic Started: Apr 26 2014, 05:20 PM (7,017 Views)
VTNShade
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Neo Zelda64 Mod

Hey everyone, VTN here. I've decided to make a thread in regard of new mod I'm attempting to work on. The mod, is a texture mod to make anyone/anything from OoT 3D look Alpha/Beta Zelda64 style while ported in OoT 64. The mod will contain restored elements from the Pre Alpha, Alpha, Beta, and Pre-release stages of Zelda64/OoT64 mixed in with the 3DS graphical resources. If all works out well for this mod, perhaps maybe an original modded quest may included in a future release of the mod. For now, this mod is just retexture add on to Flotonic's OoT 3DS Link import mod. Think of it as bonus content. If you want to help with the mod, feel free to ask, no worries, I promise will give credit. ;)

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Neo Zelda64 3DS Mod Team:

VTNShade(me) - Retexturer, leader

Outside Help/Resource-rs:

xDaniel, gabyelnuevo, TheCjes, SanguinettiMods, and Flotonic - 3DS Young Link port

Credits so far:

xDaniel, gabyelnuevo, TheCjes, SanguinettiMods, and Flotonic - 3DS Young Link port

VTNShade(me) - Custom Alpha/Beta Link textures (hair, shield, sword, brown undershirt)
Edited by VTNShade, Apr 26 2014, 05:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jiyaro
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I think that the Deku Shield should remain the way it originally was, and that you should use the alpha Hylian Shield texture for, well, the Hylian Shield.

But it's your mod, so keep it the way it is if that's the way you want it.

gabyelnuevo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
What if, the beta hylian shield texture you put it on the actual hylian shield? since the young link port has the OoT3D shield style shape thing, maybe could be better? :P just an opinion though :) :]
Edited by gabyelnuevo, Apr 26 2014, 05:53 PM.

VTNShade
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
@Jiyaro and gabyelnuevo: I have the Deku Shield textured as the Pre-Alpha Shield for these three reasons:

1) So Young Link can actually hold the shield while using the sword

2) There only 2 Shields that can retextured to look like one Alpha/Beta Shields shields the most proplerly as possible, the Deku Shield and the Hylian Shield, and there two known Alpha/Beta versions of the Hylian Shield, they are most often referred to as A+B Shield and A+C Shield. So for me, it makes sense that Deku Shield gets A+B Shield texture since that came first and was more basic and Hylian shield gets A+C Shield texture as that was second and more detailed.

3) There was no real "beta" Deku Shield that bear any real significant difference which is why it's being replaced by the A+B Shield.

@Everyone: The A+C Shield texture for the Hylian still needs some work, so it'll be awhile before I can show that off. If anyone is interested in helping, let me know.

gabyelnuevo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
@VTN: Mmh.. I see, idk much about importing objects or anything, but what if you replace the deku shield with (lets say) the hero's shield from MM and retexture it with the Pre-Alpha Shield you mentioned, so if will look a little more cool? : P :P
Edited by gabyelnuevo, Apr 28 2014, 03:44 PM.

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
VTNShade
Apr 26 2014, 08:42 PM
@Jiyaro and gabyelnuevo: I have the Deku Shield textured as the Pre-Alpha Shield for these three reasons:

1) So Young Link can actually hold the shield while using the sword

2) There only 2 Shields that can retextured to look like one Alpha/Beta Shields shields the most proplerly as possible, the Deku Shield and the Hylian Shield, and there two known Alpha/Beta versions of the Hylian Shield, they are most often referred to as A+B Shield and A+C Shield. So for me, it makes sense that Deku Shield gets A+B Shield texture since that came first and was more basic and Hylian shield gets A+C Shield texture as that was second and more detailed.

3) There was no real "beta" Deku Shield that bear any real significant difference which is why it's being replaced by the A+B Shield.

@Everyone: The A+C Shield texture for the Hylian still needs some work, so it'll be awhile before I can show that off. If anyone is interested in helping, let me know.
If youd like, i can make a new a+b and a+c shield for this project. Itd be rather easy for me, since i already did it with the TP hylian shield. Ill have to grab the models real quick. Ill pm you the download link for the models in skp form.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

VTNShade
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
gabyelnuevo
Apr 28 2014, 03:44 PM
@VTN: Mmh.. I see, idk much about importing objects or anything, but what if you replace the deku shield with (lets say) the hero's shield from MM and retexture it with the Pre-Alpha Shield you mentioned, so if will look a little more cool? : P :P
@gabyelnuevo: That would be awesome. However, I would need someone to help do that for me. All I would really need help with is replacing the Deku Shield model the Hero's Shield model, make it so that the shield can no be burned by fire and I'll retexture the shield to like the A+B Shield.

@Everyone: Update! This is about the best I can do for OoT3D Hylian Shield to A+C Shield OoT3D style:

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you can do better, let me know. Although, this is what might actually have done for the shields:

A+B Shield - Hero's Shield import

A+C Shield - OoT64 Hylian Shield (For now)

Should I go with this?

Edit:

@sylux102: That'd be nice. Can you make a patch containing the model along the 3DS Link and send it through pm?

Credits:

VTNShade(me) - Custom Alpha/Beta Link textures (hair, A+B and A+C shields, sword, brown undershirt)
Edited by VTNShade, Apr 28 2014, 04:27 PM.

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
VTNShade
Apr 28 2014, 04:24 PM
gabyelnuevo
@gabyelnuevo: That would be awesome. However, I would need someone to help do that for me. All I would really need help with is replacing the Deku Shield model the Hero's Shield model, make it so that the shield can no be burned by fire and I'll retexture the shield to like the A+B Shield.

@Everyone: Update! This is about the best I can do for OoT3D Hylian Shield to A+C Shield OoT3D style:

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you can do better, let me know. Although, this is what might actually have done for the shields:

Should I go with this?

Edit:

@sylux102: That'd be nice. Can you make a patch containing the model along the 3DS Link and send it through pm?

Credits:

VTNShade(me) - Custom Alpha/Beta Link textures (hair, A+B and A+C shields, sword, brown undershirt)
Have fun trying to make the deku shield not burn....

Anyways, yea ill do it. Could you email me the most recent ppf patch that you have made? Id like to improve your textures. Thanks
Edited by sylux102, Apr 28 2014, 04:34 PM.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

VTNShade
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
sylux102
Apr 28 2014, 04:33 PM
VTNShade
Apr 28 2014, 04:24 PM
gabyelnuevo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Should I go with this?

Edit:

Credits:

Have fun trying to make the deku shield not burn....

Anyways, yea ill do it. Could you email me the most recent ppf patch that you have made? Id like to improve your textures. Thanks
I sent you an email through Maco.

Jiyaro
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I hope you don't mind, but I decided to give this a go as well.

Spoiler: click to toggle

I changed the hue of Link's arm texture to make it brown, which is also what I did to his hair in order to tint it a slight red (in early screenshots, you can see that his hair was more orange than yellow). The same was done for the jewel on the Kokiri Sword, to tint it green. As far as the Hylian Shield goes, all I did was remove the bird, up-scale the Triforce, and reposition it and along with the upside-down triangle below it. If my tablet wasn't broken, I would've redone the frame of the shield and the two metal embellishments to match that of the beta Hylian Shield, but doing so with a mouse would've been a pain in the arse.

Besides a couple of things, ours are largely the same. I was bored, though, so I tried it anyways.

VTNShade
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Jiyaro
Apr 30 2014, 02:14 PM
I hope you don't mind, but I decided to give this a go as well.

I changed the hue of Link's arm texture to make it brown, which is also what I did to his hair in order to tint it a slight red (in early screenshots, you can see that his hair was more orange than yellow). The same was done for the jewel on the Kokiri Sword, to tint it green. As far as the Hylian Shield goes, all I did was remove the bird, up-scale the Triforce, and reposition it and along with the upside-down triangle below it. If my tablet wasn't broken, I would've redone the frame of the shield and the two metal embellishments to match that of the beta Hylian Shield, but doing so with a mouse would've been a pain in the arse.

Besides a couple of things, ours are largely the same. I was bored, though, so I tried it anyways.
Can you pm me the textures?

Jiyaro
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
VTNShade
May 2 2014, 01:38 AM
Can you pm me the textures?
I've sent them your way.

VTNShade
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Mod moving to the new site!

Link to the new thread in the new site:

http://forums.zelda64.net/topic/10279780/1/

Posted Image

See you there! :)

Adult Link textures by VTNShade(me)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Zelda Modding · Next Topic »
Add Reply

As some of you may know, I have left the rom editing scene, never to return. I will be attending UNL. I will also be getting a job, so I will not have the time to run a community and make all of these projects.

I'm leaving you all in good hands. Sylux102, one of the best Maco staff members, will be carrying on in my stead. His forums are on Zelda64.net. Register there, since this website is archive only.

As for OoT 2D and Izou, I will be leaving those in the hands of GodsTurf's team, Lunar World. If you are fans of these projects, subscribe to them.