Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Maco. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[OOT/OOT3D] OOT3D Remake!; OOT3D in OOT Debug!
Topic Started: Apr 25 2014, 02:58 PM (9,961 Views)
Zeldaboy14
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Here's something I thought of with the release of the encrypted OOT3D files, maybe it's time to put all of them to good use at once with a OOT3D remake! It's simple, we replace ALL of the files with the OOT3D one's, same with the icon's and such, and it makes it all the better! But we would need to make a new item subscreen to match the new one is some sort of way, as those texture's are outdated. So, who thinks this is a good idea?
NOT a Zelda rom hacker anymore. Gone back to Minecraft and Mario World Rom Hacking.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ideka
Member Avatar

[ *  *  * ]
Not me, sorry. It sounds like a HUGE waste of time. Why not just play OoT 3D instead?
"What?! You don't have my money?! How dare you! You'd better bring me my money...or else!" ~ Happy Mask Salesman
Youtube
Webpage

MetalZelda
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Don't know if OOT 64 can handle OOT 3D maps, NPC, etc at fullspeed, as OOT 3D comes with reworked maps (More polygons) if I'm not wrong ...
Why not simply make a Texture Pack

Twili
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Have some stereograms.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Zeldaboy14
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The reasoning is it would be nice for those who can't afford a 3DS, but still want to play OOT3D. Using what we already have, we can recreate the OOT3D experience with the original game (debuged though) by putting in the maps from OOT3D, and the models as well. OOT3D is based off the OOT Engine already, so the maps are mostly the same. There may be a few more poly's, but nothing that can slow the game down THAT much. Remember Zelda's Birthday rom hack? Well, right there is a pure example of how much the emulator can take what's thrown at it, as until you had defeated all of the monsters in Hyrule Field, the game would lag.
NOT a Zelda rom hacker anymore. Gone back to Minecraft and Mario World Rom Hacking.

Flotonic
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]

Zeldaboy14
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Very Nice flotonic! With some work, it will be looking even better! Though, why is some of the scenery, and the fences have black box's? Is it due to some sort of texture?

gabyelnuevo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Because most of the extracted textures are like that:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They would have to be edited to remove the black background

Zeldaboy14
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Ahhh, so that's why there are the black box's. Hope this comes out real well for OOT3D in the Debug rom! BTW, is the collision for that going to be replaced? It seems that some spots are acting as if the original Kokiri Forest was there.
Edited by Zeldaboy14, Apr 25 2014, 09:52 PM.

Kagenokami98
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
is a good idea.
but I doubt that will have lag in some places
where it does not hold too many polygons I think?

but I really like the idea :o

Three Pendants
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
This is really neat! But... unfortunately you display one of the problems in the video itself, there's not enough RAM allocation thereon for some of Link's actions like the Slingshot (and presumably the Spin Attack) for instance. Perhaps with Airikita's Expansion Pak for OoT Hack it might work, but it is difficult to say.

link_the_lefthanded_swordsman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
gabyelnuevo
Apr 25 2014, 08:25 PM
Because most of the extracted textures are like that:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They would have to be edited to remove the black background
im gonna do that in the rice texture pack

SanguinettiMods
Member Avatar
Your friendly neighborhood insomniac
[ *  *  * ]
Zeldaboy14
Apr 25 2014, 06:58 PM
The reasoning is it would be nice for those who can't afford a 3DS, but still want to play OOT3D. Using what we already have, we can recreate the OOT3D experience with the original game (debuged though) by putting in the maps from OOT3D, and the models as well. OOT3D is based off the OOT Engine already, so the maps are mostly the same. There may be a few more poly's, but nothing that can slow the game down THAT much. Remember Zelda's Birthday rom hack? Well, right there is a pure example of how much the emulator can take what's thrown at it, as until you had defeated all of the monsters in Hyrule Field, the game would lag.
I'm one of those people who can't afford a 3DS. Just saying, though, it would indeed be a huge waste of time and effort, and it would not turn out as good as the actual game. You wouldn't be able to enjoy the actual 3D experience, either. I don't think any one person would be willing to do this by their self, and if multiple people did it, there would be inconsistencies in content and it would just turn out badly. Zelda's Birthday is not a good example of testing the limits of the N64.

Ideka
Member Avatar

[ *  *  * ]
Also, why not just play the N64 version? It is the same game after all, and if someone can't afford it, it would also be illegal for them to download the ROM, and thus also illegal to download this mod if it would be finished. Would it not also be illegal to recreate Nintendo's game and then release it for free? I'm not too well educated in that stuff, but I think it is.
Edited by Ideka, Apr 27 2014, 02:07 AM.
"What?! You don't have my money?! How dare you! You'd better bring me my money...or else!" ~ Happy Mask Salesman
Youtube
Webpage

MetalZelda
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ideka
Apr 27 2014, 02:03 AM
Also, why not just play the N64 version? It is the same game after all, and if someone can't afford it, it would also be illegal for them to download the ROM, and thus also illegal to download this mod if it would be finished. Would it not also be illegal to recreate Nintendo's game and then release it for free? I'm not too well educated in that stuff, but I think it is.
It's Nintendo, not Activision or Micro$oft actually. We're free to create / modify stuff, as long as it is free.
Edited by MetalZelda, Apr 27 2014, 11:57 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zelda Modding · Next Topic »
Add Reply

As some of you may know, I have left the rom editing scene, never to return. I will be attending UNL. I will also be getting a job, so I will not have the time to run a community and make all of these projects.

I'm leaving you all in good hands. Sylux102, one of the best Maco staff members, will be carrying on in my stead. His forums are on Zelda64.net. Register there, since this website is archive only.

As for OoT 2D and Izou, I will be leaving those in the hands of GodsTurf's team, Lunar World. If you are fans of these projects, subscribe to them.