Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Maco. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Deku Scrub
Topic Started: Apr 4 2014, 01:02 AM (2,562 Views)
link_the_lefthanded_swordsman
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
work started bassed on minish cap deku Posted Imageand alttp grass Posted Image however i had the idea of using the siloete of dekus model from hylian toolbox from there i have the perfect thing to start with Posted Image updates coming soon ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GodsTurf
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Awesome, we needed some Deku Sprites!

Just remember that if you approach it from perfectly over head, you'll only have to rotate the sprite.

Thanks for your help!

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
GodsTurf
Apr 4 2014, 05:37 AM
Awesome, we needed some Deku Sprites!

Just remember that if you approach it from perfectly over head, you'll only have to rotate the sprite.

Thanks for your help!
Alttp isnt straight down projected though. Its at like a 45 or 60 degree angle or something
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

GodsTurf
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
That is true, but some things in ALttP were from straight above, and things like that still look pretty good.

If fans care enough to go the extra mile, then that's even better. :)

Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
ok becuse of the shading ive managed to see where everything on the model is so i can work around and ive got this so far Posted Image notice how its leaves resemble the alttp grass XD

GodsTurf
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Apr 4 2014, 07:02 PM
ok becuse of the shading ive managed to see where everything on the model is so i can work around and ive got this so far Posted Image notice how its leaves resemble the alttp grass XD
I'm liking it!

My only suggestion would be to make it more symmetrical.
ALttP tends to stay "cutesy" like that.

Keep up the good work!

Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
more update
Posted Image

GodsTurf
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
This looks great so far!

I showed Flotonic, and he says he'd prefer it if you based the standing sprite to be moreso like this one:
Posted Image

Regardless, you are so far the greatest fan contributor of this project.
Every piece a fan does is a considerable load off my back, so keep up the good work! :D

Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
GodsTurf
Apr 6 2014, 06:28 PM
This looks great so far!

I showed Flotonic, and he says he'd prefer it if you based the standing sprite to be moreso like this one:
Posted Image

Regardless, you are so far the greatest fan contributor of this project.
Every piece a fan does is a considerable load off my back, so keep up the good work! :D

Why thank you I've been working with sprites since I first got my laptop and this is the first time my skill is being put to use. anyway ok I'll see what I can do ;)

GANONdork123
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
if i were good at creating sprites i would create some. maybe i could create tilesets for dungeons i am pretty good at that
GANONdork123

Posted Image

GANONdork123
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Apr 5 2014, 07:02 PM
more update
Posted Image
looking nice. it is a lot like alttp and oot combined. if i were creating a zelda game that would be my deku scrub sprite
GANONdork123

Posted Image

JeDDyD
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Posted Image

Just a test really, a simple single sprite.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JeDDyDee

Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Posted Image
well this is how its going the one on the far right is what ill be going with and i hope it will work out great wish me luck

Flotonic
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  * ]
JeDDyD: Whoa, epic. B-) Think you could make some Gohma Larva sprites? ;)

link_the_lefthanded_swordsman: Epic updates. B-) JeDDyD has good ideas for the color scheme. Maybe you could borrow from that design.

Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
OK DONE....for now
Posted Image
im so happy ive gotten this far hope you guys like it

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Sprite Submissions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

As some of you may know, I have left the rom editing scene, never to return. I will be attending UNL. I will also be getting a job, so I will not have the time to run a community and make all of these projects.

I'm leaving you all in good hands. Sylux102, one of the best Maco staff members, will be carrying on in my stead. His forums are on Zelda64.net. Register there, since this website is archive only.

As for OoT 2D and Izou, I will be leaving those in the hands of GodsTurf's team, Lunar World. If you are fans of these projects, subscribe to them.