Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Maco. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[OoT] Legend Of Zelda: War Of The Triforce; A Zelda Rom Hack
Topic Started: Jul 30 2013, 08:30 AM (27,122 Views)
Fantym
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The Legend of Zelda: War Of The Triforce

Logo:
Posted Image

Stuff about it:
A full Ocarina of Time ROM Hack with new items, new story, new quest, or let me say new everything (almost everything because of limitations). It will be a prequel of my whole fan-fiction Zelda Timeline "The Era of Shadows." I will post updates obviously here and there, not sure on what specific day or time yet at all, and probably post videos too (If I can). If anything else you want to know ask me a question and I will answer it.

Suggest an Idea:
Anyone could post suggestions for the project, I like the ideas people make :3. Any suggestion or idea to dungeon names, to new places in game such as a snowy mountain area (which I am adding in anyway), to new item names and models, and to enemy / character ideas!
I could let people join and help me boost the project, but I have this feeling to work on my own right now (or due to awkward and weird socialization), maybe I can add people in to help me if I decide to, if not then I guess I'm on my own.

Programs being used in this Project :

Google Sketchup Pro (Modelling)

FL Studio 10 (Music / New sound effects)

A lot of Ocarina of Time editors and whatnot (Utility of Time, Hylian Toolbox, ZLE2, Scroll of Time, Ocarina Studio, and Interface Lift are the main Programs.)

Project64 (Testing / Playing it obviously)

My Imagination (The Universe is the limit)

Plot/Story:
With being born with the power that resembles one of the three goddesses you can save the world, or use for Demonic wars against your own people. There were three people born with this blessing. One was a boy that lived with his father, another was a girl that was a princess, and another man, who lives in the deserts of Gerudo. With you, growing as a man living with your father, decides to become a man by taking a swordsman class in town. You train every single day, until one night. The village was attacked by shadow beings from the Dark Realm. It was a massacre that killed many, including your father. You decide to get revenge on these beings and the one who was up to it. Now it's your time to use your power of a goddess, the strength from your father, and the skills of the blade on a quest that will become legend.

Completion:
I don't know... I wish I could answer :P

Wish me luck on this :)
~Fantym

Posted Image
My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Jar3D226
Currently Working on: War of the Triforce
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ideka
Member Avatar

[ *  *  * ]
This sound awesome :D ! If you would ever need assistance, just PM me!
"What?! You don't have my money?! How dare you! You'd better bring me my money...or else!" ~ Happy Mask Salesman
Youtube
Webpage

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Well I can help with music and textures. As long as the song is midi I got it down. Lemme know what song replaces what and I'll knock em out for ya. Idk how you're doing sfx, but let me know if you get that working, I'll need to use that.

Btw looks like someone uses gimp! (is that frost filter I see?)

Also, you should make the triforce slightly larger or move it left a little so it's easier to see that it is in fact the triforce.
Edited by sylux102, Jul 30 2013, 12:59 PM.
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage.

Fantym
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Another Logo:
Posted Image

Choose whichever you like the most, the first one or this one. Whichever one gets most voted will be the official project logo
Posted Image

juansupremo
No Avatar
[ * ]
I like the second logo
My Webpage

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
juansupremo
Jul 31 2013, 07:11 PM
I like the second logo
I'm not quite sure the author wanted to change the logo. I believe he said ideas... Such as "dungeon names, to new places in game such as a snowy mountain area (which I am adding in anyway), to new item names and models, and to enemy / character ideas! "

Fantym
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I should've put an "etc,." after the "suggestions thing"
Posted Image

Fantym
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Supposed to be in!

Temples"
"Added" ones... if possible :P
Wind Temple (Wind Medallion) Silver
Dungeon of Winter (Ice Medallion) Aqua
Pyramid Of Power
Sky Temple (Sky Medallion) Pink
Earth Temple (Earth Medallion) Brown
Light Temple (Light Medallion, yes, finally a temple for that medallion)
Hyrule Castle Ruins
Palace of Demons

Areas:
The Great Sea (the beach-line and a few islands, one of the islands is a temple).
Bigger Hyrule Field
Bigger Kokiri Forest (open area like Hyrule Field).
Lon Lon Ranch (Prairie Style)
Snowpeak Mountains
City in the Sky (Not like the Twilight Princess temple, more like Skyloft, a bigger Skyloft).
Most of the areas in OoT are remade or have added stuff

Posted Image

LastWWolf
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds very ambitious, don't overwhelm yourself lol. Good luck on your project!

Fantym
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
If I make a project, I stick to that project when it's done. I'll find a way :P
Posted Image

SomeGuy
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
sylux102
Jul 30 2013, 12:57 PM
Well I can help with music and textures. As long as the song is midi I got it down. Lemme know what song replaces what and I'll knock em out for ya. Idk how you're doing sfx, but let me know if you get that working, I'll need to use that.

Also, you should make the triforce slightly larger or move it left a little so it's easier to see that it is in fact the triforce.
Can you put any song in the game as long as it's a midi? Is there a tutorial for that? That would be extremely helpful!

sylux102
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
SomeGuy
Aug 4 2013, 03:50 PM
sylux102
Jul 30 2013, 12:57 PM

Can you put any song in the game as long as it's a midi? Is there a tutorial for that? That would be extremely helpful!
Yes I made a tutorial on it. Look in the tutorial section here. It's using InstEd.

Fantym
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
*UPDATE*

Music-Wise:
Mini Boss Battle Music and Ganon's Castle theme is done. (I wonder if there is a way to "Zelda 64-ify the music to sound like it would be in Ocarina of Time XD)

Modelling/Game-Wise:
I've done nothing so far with the modelling, but I am drawing/painting ideas in Gimp or Pencil and Paper. I'll be posting pics of stuff too :3

Main Character:
Your name will be "Oshus", and he comes from a long line of Heroes that had a bond or "link" together.

***SPOILER ALERT***

You Have been warned:

Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

Fantym
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
**UPDATE**

Medallions:
http://i.imgur.com/1GXVg6x.png

Characters:
Antagonist: Malice (The game will explain :P)
Posted Image

Ideka
Member Avatar

[ *  *  * ]
Isn't Oshus the ocean king? It may be a little weird to call the main character that, specially as this mod is taking place in the same timeline as Phantom Hourglass. But I do not know, you probably have a great plan and already knew this.
"What?! You don't have my money?! How dare you! You'd better bring me my money...or else!" ~ Happy Mask Salesman
Youtube
Webpage

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zelda Modding · Next Topic »
Add Reply

As some of you may know, I have left the rom editing scene, never to return. I will be attending UNL. I will also be getting a job, so I will not have the time to run a community and make all of these projects.

I'm leaving you all in good hands. Sylux102, one of the best Maco staff members, will be carrying on in my stead. His forums are on Zelda64.net. Register there, since this website is archive only.

As for OoT 2D and Izou, I will be leaving those in the hands of GodsTurf's team, Lunar World. If you are fans of these projects, subscribe to them.